Tuesday 17 March 2015

What I am doing these days

I have taken some time from work for a few reasons. I had a rough year last spring in that I had a major infection written about in Wow, was 2014 busy ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

Different things have been happening to me, like my jaw shaking, or headaches, or falling over like someone has taken my gravity away, or falling asleep with no notice. Each time one of these things happened, especially the falling I'd ask the doctor, they'd do blood tests for what they thought it might be and find I was fine.

Great! I was beginning to feel like a full fledged hypochondriac. Finally, after falling asleep behind the wheel (May long weekend - 2014 - southbound hwy 89) and narrowly escaping a head on, I waited for the doctor's office to open on the Tuesday and told him what had happened. They immediately did some more tests and started to set up an appt. with a neurologist. It took until November 11th for me to get in to see him. He ordered various other tests and on the 16th of December 2014, I was told they found a 'brain lesion'.

Lesion because it does not sound as bad as tumour. Tumour everyone automatically thinks cancer but a lesion is benign.

I was scared but also relieved as it meant I had a reason why stuff was happening. So I was to see him February 18th  and a second MRI was ordered with contrast dye. That gave them a better picture. But I have still not spoken to a neurosurgeon. They wanted to get me in to see him ASAP but apparently he wants all the tests done first. At first I was pissed off, but later I realized that that was a better way to use his time. I mean he is already busy doing cancerous tumors and so as much as I am going CRAZY waiting to know what is happening, it is finally only three more days till the last (for now) MRI which is really a fancy one called: MRS (Magnetic resonance spectroscopy ) that will give them a much better idea of what is going on.

I have no other appointments scheduled so I am not sure what the procedure is now. I guess I'll sweat it through the weekend and hear something the beginning of next week.

Also, to be continued




No comments: