Saturday 28 March 2015

Finally got a doctor's appointment . . .

But its with the neurologist.
So that's when I expect I'll finally know what is going to happen. Had a bit of an interesting day on Tuesday when I called them to ask what happens next.

I asked "Have you got the report yet?"
and she responded with "When's your next appointment?"
"I don't have one!"
       "Didn't you make one the last time you were here?"
"No, I didn't know I was supposed to."
       "You're supposed to make one every time you leave the office!"
"I didn't know that. No one told me to make another appointment. I thought I would be seeing the surgeon after this last test and you'd be calling me with the information."
       almost under her breath: "you're always supposed to make an appt." Then. "Well 
       luckily I have a cancellation next Wednesday at 1:00."
"Okay, thank you."
       "Well you finally got the spectroscopy done. That should let them know everything."   
       (or something to that effect)
That's when I told her that when I got to the hospital I questioned the nurse about the contrast dye being used for that special procedure. The nurse had said to me that the test had been changed to a contrast MRI. I was surprised, disappointed, but as I said they're the ones that know what they're doing. In the back of my mind was "I waited 5 weeks to get the same test I had last time?"

       "What do mean they didn't do it. Who changed it?"
"I don't know. That's what the nurse told me. She said the doctor had done it."
        "But that's what the doctor wanted. That's what he asked for. He asked specifically for that test. And that's why it was booked at this hospital. Because they're set up to do it."

So now, I'm upset. I have waited all this time, probably the longest five weeks in my life, and find out I didn't get the right test????? How long will I have to wait for this to be sorted out? I don't think I can take much more of this

w a i t i n g ! ! !

I told her I'd call the hospital myself because I was very ... let's just say annoyed.

Of course I got the machine, but basically my message was that I needed to hear from someone TODAY about this.

About a minute later I was called back and asked my name and number and he would get right back to me. And son of a gun if he didn't! Turns out the radiologist has the last say in what pictures they need. I guess its so the surgeon know where to go??

I don't know, but anyway I should find out on Wednesday April 1st. What a day to find out.




No comments: