Friday 6 March 2015

So my story takes another interesting (?) turn

THIS BLOG IS SUPPOSED TO BE BEFORE THE ONE TITLED "WOW, WAS 2014 BUSY"

for some reason I can't seem to get it there.

On February 25th of last year, (2013) I finally had my right knee replaced. It was painful and hard work, but so much worth it. I could walk normally again; I could function at work better, etc.

After about 4 months the left knee finally said 'enough' and I asked about getting it done. I asked to be on the list and toward the end of November 2013 I was offered a date of mid January 2014. Great except it was a little too early for me. Ideally, I thought if I could get it done on the anniversary of the right one it would be easier to remember for future reference.

I was able to get a spot in February one week ahead of last year's surgery. So now starts the getting ready part. I start doing the physio that will be required afterwards. That way I feel the muscles have some kind of memory of what they will be doing. It worked last time and for my hip 7 years previously.

Our 28th wedding anniversary, Christmas and New Years came and went. No sooner are we into January when this package comes with all the information of places I have to go and doctors I have to see. Yay!!

One hospital to get medical tests done. Another for x-rays and meet the anesthetist. Then one to see the surgeon and one last talk about surgery then its just a week to surgery.

I have to admit I was not concerned about it. In fact I was looking forward to being able to stand and to walk:
  • distances ! ! ! 
  • up stairs ! ! ! 
  • safely ! ! !
  • confidently ! ! !

No comments: