Monday 2 June 2008

GOT TO READ THIS BOOK, part 2

My husband thinks I should say what the book is about.

I found the first paragraph so intriguing that I didn't put the book down for over half an hour and only then because I had to go to work. I was hoping that others would feel the same way just by me having that first paragraph here.

Okay, so here goes:

It is a story of a pair of conjoined girls. They are what is called craniopagus twins. They are joined at the head which partly explains the first paragraph.. The story is written so well that it is hard to keep reminding yourself that it IS a novel.

The book is written by both the girls and was beautifully done. It is, as I said, so sad to get to the end of the book. You are left wondering what will happen and why couldn't it go on longer. Aunt Lovey and Uncle Stash (the Girls adoptive parents) sound like they were two very wonderful and loving people.

Anyway, I would suggest reading this. It is a long time since I read a book that made me feel sad to see the ending. Very heartwarming, sad, poignant, funny, uplifting. As one reviewer said on Amazon.ca " I felt many emotions, but the strongest was that I had just read the story of two of my best and dearest friends."

No comments: