Saturday 31 May 2008

GOT TO READ THIS BOOK

Wow.

I just finished an amazing book. So sad when it ended. It really left me wanting more.

It is called"The Girls" and is by Lori Lansens. She is a Canadian author and did an absolutely splendid job. She should be very proud of herself.

This should be all you need to make you run out and by this book. Quote from the first chapter:

"I have never looked into my sister's eyes. I have never bathed alone. I have never stood in the grass at night and raised my arms to a beguiling moon. I've never used an airplane bathroom. Or worn a hat. Or been kissed like that. I've never driven a car. Or slept through the night. Never a private talk. Or a solo walk. I've never climbed a tree. Or faded into a crowd. So many things I've never done, but oh, how I've been loved. And, if such things were to be, I'd live a thousand lives as me, to be loved so exponentially."

My best friend, Alix, lent me this book and I am now lending it to my other best friend, Sue, to read. I can't even describe what this work does to you. It is just a MUST read, for anyone that has a heart.

Thank you,

Sally


No comments: