Monday 9 June 2008

Sally's Birthday

Today I turned 57. Don't feel like it.

Well, okay parts of me do, sometimes, but for the most part I have to sometimes remind myself that I am of an age where you are supposed to be grown up and act like an adult.

Yeah, like that'll ever happen.

We got up and my hubby wished me a happy birthday and sang his song to me. Then he asked what I wanted to do on my special day. Hard to think of things when its so bleeding HOT. We settled on going down by the lake for a cool breeze and some quiet time. That didn't work because when we got there the benches are not in the shade. I don't like to sit in the sun, and, because of medication, am not supposed to be exposed to the sun for anything longer than (roughly) 37 seconds.

We then decided to drive for twenty minutes north to a place called Lowville. Very pretty little hamlet at the bottom of a valley and has a stream running through the park there. Found a beautiful place to sit and I knitted while hubby played Dobro (resonator guitar: see pictures at his website under instruments).

Then he took the dog for a swim and we let him dry a little and headed home. After THAT, we ended up going back to Lowville because Sidney lost his collar somewhere with the tags on it. We couldn't find it it was off to Tuckers Marketplace where we had reservations for dinner. (They let the birthday person eat for free with proof of age.)

Disappointing actually. Today was so very hot and we got inside to find that their air conditioning didn't seem to be functioning. They never offered an explanation, and they crammed all the early people into one section of the restaurant. That helped bring the temp up more. The food was for the most part good, but not spectacular and the roast beef was probably good too, but you couldn't get much from the Meat Nazi. You'd think the beef roast had been bought with his money. Also we were told there was turkey and when I asked about it the MN grunted "no, sausage". We glanced in the ice cream cooler and it was all melted. Forget using an ice cream scoop. A ladle would have been better. They should have closed that part down entirely. As we were leaving the air seemed to be coming on, but it was too little too late. The waitress got a nice tip because she was wonderful and very efficient. But Tuckers lost points in our books.

Anyway, the best present I could get is that my sister in law with her new kidney came home today. YAY!!

She is SO SPECIAL and she doesn't realize how many people's lives she has touched or enriched. I am so glad that my brother found her and brought her into our family.

Happy Birthday to me! :-)

No comments: