Thursday 23 February 2012

No longer falling. Have pulled up. For now.

Got the INR results yesterday. They're 2.0 which means I am just barely in the range of between 2 and 3.

We're trying to get it to be about 2.5 because that gives us some space to play with.

I have actually been feeling a whole lot better and when I think back I must have had this going on a long time. I can't remember how long its been since I felt like I could do things. Everything was a chore. I had to make myself be 'up' for work and 'up' for dealing with customers and just 'up' for trying to get through the day.

Its been nice this past week or so, not feeling SO tired.
 * * * * *
Don't get me wrong as I sit here I could fall asleep, but that is more because I was awake from 2 until 4 trying to get rid of cats in our driveway. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD SPAY AND NUETER THE DAMN THINGS ! ! !

I love cats, I really do. I wish we could have one but we are both allergic to them; my hubby even more than myself.

Having said that, I DON'T like the fact that they have to sit under our window yowling and fighting and making 'Cry of The Banshee' sounds. All because someone is stupid enough to not get their cat fixed. Don't these people realize or EVEN think about the fact that while a female can only breed about twice a year, the males can go out and breed several times, a day to several females every single day of the year.

So while, based on an average litter of 4 kittens, and for arguments sake, the male only has an opportunity to reproduce once a week. (very conservative, because given the opportunity they can breed several females in a day. And we'll take out two weeks for him stopping to admire himself in the mirror. So we have the female having 8 kittens in a year and the male, producing conservatively 4 x 50 which is 200 kittens. Of those, half seem to end up living in the North End, specifically all around our house.


A few years ago we 'adopted' a cat that the neighbours got as a kitten but they decided once he got older that they didn't want him any more. So they just stopped letting him in the house and stopped feeding him. The poor cat hung around a LONG time. We couldn't touch him but he gratefully took the food I gave him everyday. I never left food out after he walked away and he always left his dish spotless. He was REALLY abandoned the night these people up and snuck away from a grow op in their attic.

In the end he was adopted by some lovely people who bought and renovated the house next door. They flipped the property and when they moved out they asked our permission (?) to take him to live with them. He never got better from his months spent in the cold. (we made him a box with blankets and a door etc, and checked on him every day). He only ever let me touch him once and the look on his face was worth it. He so wanted to be cuddled but didn't trust ANYone other than the two cat people next door. He lived for three more years in comfort and being loved before finally having to be put to sleep.

His was named Sad Kitty by his new owners. They actually asked my permission to take him to live with them and also called us to let us know what the vet said and did we have any objections to him being put down. I had so wanted to pet that cat just once. And when I saw him shortly before he was gone he did let me touch him, briefly. It was heaven.

THAT is why I don't want or like these other cats around here. I can't afford to get attached to another one and not be able to bring him in and look after him the way he deserves.

Sorry didn't mean to go on so long.

I just hate some 'cat' people.

No comments: