Tuesday 30 January 2007

Barbaro

I won't say much because it is all over, but I felt so sad for that horse. He tried so hard and in the end his own body let him down.

It is a shame that evolution still allows such a beautiful creature to have such delicate legs. It is a shame that a stallion must physically cover a mare for the breeding to be recognized in thoroughbreds. It is also a shame that we did not all, at least once get to see that beautiful, beautiful animal just plain run one more time.

I felt this horse close to my heart as it reminded me so much of what happened with Ruffian. I was watching that day too and I just cried my heart out.

I too agree with one of the suggestions I read today that they should wait until the horses are four years old before they race them. They are still such babies and as such undeveloped completely at three years old.

Anyway, that's my piece and I know that I will see Barbaro, Secretariat, Northern Dancer and Ruffian one day, as well as all my pets that I have had and loved.

No comments: