Friday 30 June 2006

Gas Prices. Again.

Isn’t it interesting that last night gas was selling for $1.049 a litre and today, the Friday before a long weekend for us and our neighbours to the south, that the gas prices shot up to $1.109?

They weren’t bad last weekend, considering. It was close to 95 and 96 cents a litre, but it started creeping a penny here and a penny there for the past two or three days. Then all of a sudden, overnight, we have a major increase.

Sure, some bozos up in Ottawa got some other bozos to do a “study” and concluded that there was nothing “unusual” going on with the gas companies and long weekends. It is just a co-incidence.

BULL DOO DOO!!!!!!

Once is a co-incidence. Twice? Possibly still a co-incidence. But when it happens 8 out of 10 weekends??????? Definitely suspicious.

How would they even know? Do they ever drive their own cars anywhere? Do they ever have to dig deep in their pockets and even stoop to pick up pennies? Because enough of those little suckers and you can buy one more litre!!!!!! Do they even know where the gas tank is on the vehicle they sit in?

I doubt it, very much.

My own little protest, especially when there is no one else at the service centre is to punch in the numbers through my debit card to take exactly 10 litres. Not 10 dollars, 10 litres.

I have unlimited debit card transactions on my bank accounts and I use it to my advantage. I keep my car tuned up, I drive responsibly, tire pressures correct, no a/c, etc; all to conserve gas. So my 10 litres does me pretty darn good. It might be hard for other drivers to do that, because they may have longer distances to go, and my protest may be inconvenient for them. But if dollar cost averaging is good for mutual funds, then it sure as heck can work for my gasoline. When it’s a reasonable price, then I fill up. But until then, thank heaven for the “pick another amount” button.

No comments: