Friday 14 April 2006

What goes Through My Mind

Today I was wondering why people are so inconsiderate. I use a handicap parking spot, and have a tag to do do so, because I need a cane to walk and can neither walk far nor fast.
So why is it that I go to the store where they are so kind as to have one whole handicap spot, not conveniently placed, to find a car idling there.
Upon further inspection I see that the person behind the wheel is perfectly healthy (I know this because he got out and cleaned off the windshield) but that he is waiting for a handicap person. Now he could very easily leave the spot for someone else and wait elsewhere. I mean he is already idling there, so he knows he is not waiting long. He could wait in another spot and just be ready to pull up when the handicapped person comes out.

I saw a lady with a young kid park in a handicap spot. They both hopped out of the car and went in to do the grocery shopping, obviously thinking that because they have the handicap sticker that must belong to an older parent that it was okay to take the spot from someone else. I didn't know that being incosiderate was a certifiable handicap. Hhhmmmm!!!

No comments: