Monday 9 May 2011

GREAT weekend

My Hubby's band played Saturday night and all the people I invited showed up ! ! ! ! ! Everyone enjoyed the show.I actually had reserved a table for 24 and ended up still needing 4 more seats. I only 'knew' about three quarters of the people at our table, but soon found out the others were people my hubby had invited.

And they actually showed up! ! ! ! !

I even had my brother and SIL (sister in law) there. They drove for three hours to come and stay overnight near the venue. We met for supper before the show and then met the next morning for breakfast. That was rough for all of us as, being that it was Mother's Day, the restaurants were going to be packed. We were late going to bed, about 2:30 am and then had to be up at 8 to make a 9 o'clock reservation. That was the latest I could get and be assured that we wouldn't have a long waiting time.

Breakfast was great, and there were a fair number of people there already. By the time we left the crowd was really starting to build.

We then took them to a favourite spot of ours. Its a park, in a valley up Highway 6. It has a beautiful river running through it, which will be filled with fish fairly soon. I think it is trout that run now. I know salmon run in the fall. The water was decently high too, because of the recent rain we had had.

The weather was gorgeous, the dogs ran everywhere; their one, our two. It was a wonderful day. I don't get to see my brothers as often as I'd like to. Three hours is a long drive to just sit and have a few hour visit, and then have to turn around and come home. I usually go up and stay for a couple of days, but that's hard to do with work schedules.

My baby brother retires, after 33 years, on June 9th. That's also when I turn 60. I hope we both get to celebrate the day in a grand way. I think I'm going to buy him a house cleaning apron. I hope I can get one that mentions retirement on it.

I'm very happy for him and proud of him.

No comments: