Thursday 28 October 2010

You know you're old when . . . . .

So, I know I've talked about this before but holy crap the people around here drive like idiots!!

Don't you think that if you were going to break the law by speeding, running red lights or coasting through stop signs that you'd be smart enough not to have a vanity plate?? They're 99% of the time easier to remember than an ordinary plate.

The other day, I was coming home down Bay street from York Blvd, cutting through the neighbourhoods, and there are 9 stop signs before the next set of lights. I was 'lucky' enough to be following a young lady (18 - 20) and she did not stop at a single stop sign until the last one and that was only because the traffic had stopped and the car in front of her couldn't move past the sign.

Now, sadly to say it is usually younger women that seem to be the speeders. I don't know if its the time of day I'm out or whether they are just more careless, but I see them talking on cell phones (now illegal) and going well over the speed limit. There is this one place in Burlington where you pass three (3!) schools so for at least a mile there are flashing lights that say 40 kph.

So I putz along doing the limit and these cars are flying by me going at least the 60 that is normal when school's not out. These are usually of child bearing age, so you think that they would notice. Yesterday some woman of probably 35 or so was driving a BMW and was so aggravated being behind me, that as soon as she had the chance she went by at I'd say at least 70 or 80 kph.

Her license plate ????

Relaaax ! ! ! ! !

Gawd, there are times I wish I was a cop.


(%#*(_))_^#@

No comments: